Sunday 25 November 2007

split


"Nothing goes your way", you say,
those words are cutting, dear
hard to take day after day
and worse year after year.

silence is not golden
over-rated when you're dead,
so those who walk beside you
should speak truth, in love, instead.

so here is what I've pondered
wrote it out and made it rhyme
hope that you will hear me out
appreciate your time.

nothing for not but you're anxious
i believe you've developed a tick
worry and woe have you tossed to and fro
as you bite down your nails to the quick.

another thing, sweetie, you're greedy
longings have filled you will strife
hoarding away, you wait for the day
that you'll finally be living the life.

blessed with your talents you waste them
your time you have spent on the couch
lazy and tired, or drinking and wired
blame the world, but you're really a slouch.

religion of man is deceiving
you've mastered the art of believing
you're always alone, and all on your own
while all along I stand here grieving.

Being quiet I've done you no service
you're no better off in the end
after all of these years of going your way,
I'll be taking a right here, my friend.

and though I said I'd never leave you
I'm right over here if your choose
but if you decide you can save your own hide,
stay away, by all means, and you'll lose.

2 comments:

Angelissima said...

woo...cuts to the quick!

Gina said...

i find that sometimes i have to give myself a stern talking to. All well meant.