Friday 15 February 2008

keepin' it down


keepin' it, keepin' it down
sometimes you're such a jerk at
keepin' it, keepin' it down
I know he goes to work at...
mind your tone
as if we're on the speaker phone
i 'm fairly sure that we're alone
but lest we make a peep, or groan
or in our sleep, to snore or moan
let's just throw the dog a bone
I already gave him an ice cream cone!
shhh....we got a guy down there
oh man, it's true sometimes, I swear
like getting caught without
your underwear...
for all his 50 something years
I swear he's got the sharpest ears
yeah, I'm OK, don't mind my tears
but today I saw him on the stairs
and he looked at me
then looked away
as if he had heard "everything".

so let's try
keepin' it, keepin' it down
I know it's not your way but
Keepin it, keepin it down
we just can't live this way
when he's around
to think that he hears
most every sound
yeah that must
really sting
when you hear
everything
but worse when
everything
you say and do is
heard...



We need a house.

4 comments:

Angelissima said...

Whoa Nelly! Sounds like you had a heck of a Valentine's Day.

That bald head looks familiar.

Gina said...

....and wouldn't I like to tell ya but this one's about a married couple. Dude, this ain't my story!

Angelissima said...

you mean the guy downstairs was ahhh umm..entertaining?

Oh, nevermind.

Gina said...

....as you know, I live the nun's life, in a perpetual retreat house, but it's a relational poem, a conversation between a husband and wife. That's all it is. I have a guy downstairs, who told me he hears " EVERYTHING", and now he's moved his bedroom below my computer room so I have to keep it down when I am tapping out these poems...shhh