Saturday 5 March 2011

porch swing rhythm - G Clair



Minding our own, makin' it rhyme
it's all coming out, there's dust in the drought
but the rain comes in time.

nothing held back, I've got nothing to say
let it roll off my shoulders, puts less your mind
and it's better that way.

And isn't it nice, you like hot tea 'on ice'
thank you, yes, I can follow directions,
so please, don't think twice.

And isn't it great, we can stay out real late
watching millions of sparkling stars,
while you're lickin' that plate.

I said nothing at all, it's that horse in the stall
my foot fell asleep, but I'm not gonna weep
I can drag it or crawl.

Now the wind's in the trees, and your hand's on my knees
and the warmth of your breath on my neck
puts my tired mind at ease.

Distracted, it's true, idle chatter won't do
Better nothing to say, put the music on play
and be quiet with you.

No comments: