Thursday 30 August 2007

gaze into the glory



A reminder of the shorter days
the orange globe sinks into haze
no longer casting warming rays
but shadows into night

the coolness of softest sand
beneath my back and in my hand
from where I lay there
breathing
taking in this awesome sight~

fighting sleep and fascinated
I face the setting sun
and every stroke of the painter's brush
lingers
before it's done.

firey red excites the soul
and set the mood in motion
orange and pink elicit sighs
like a full moon upon the ocean

streaks of purple are always fun
and bring on the bluegreen hues
a symphony for the setting sun
but gimmee the midnight blues

I want to gaze into the glory
tell me another story
oh bring on the colors
don't let me sleep too long~

I want to sing of your greatness
inspite of all my lateness
and whatever else my troubles
you see in me no wrong~

oh Lord, You are amazing
all creation should be praising,
I'll wait for you forever
or 'til the sun sets on my song.

daylight has passed quickly
that sunset was the best
in the darkness now, we hear the waves
which won't disrurb our rest.

No comments: