Tuesday 28 August 2007

I do declare


"Hey Gina Claire,
I'm over here,
behind a door
you've seen before~
we always knew
that you'd step through
and scare the He-bees
from the brew
and freak the shrew
and screw the few
who thought that
you and I were through~
but just the same
I always knew
that you'd return
to play the game
so step right up
it's still the same...
So here we are
and there's the door
and you can run
or wait for more
behind door one
a lot of fun
and then door two
nah, not for you~
but what is more
and what is true
is any where you go,you see,
is where we are
behind door three
and that is where
we'll always be".

I do declare
I have no stake
in Satan's games
he's just a fake
and oh so NO
I will not buy
the candy coated popcorn lie
the stunning smile
and handsome face
but underneath
so void of grace
I can not stand
your pearly
grin
and gazing eyes
which pull me in
and mock the truth
it's no surprise
I've lost my youth
but getting wise
I know your game
I know the hitch
your'e all about
the bait and switch
the leading lines
the smoothest angles
but talk is cheap
like tarnished bangles
your doors are wide
but getting out?
my testimony's lost it's clout~

I've got my God
above them all
who stood behind
another door
which rolled aside
that bright third day
and washed
my sin and shame away
and though you think
I'm just the same
there's been a change
in my old game
I heard a knock there on
the door
within my heart
He asked for more
and so you see
behind door three
No longer room for
you, so flee!

4 comments:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I do declare, either I am losing my mind or your poems magically evolve and change. I seem to recall a slightly different poem here the last time I looked. :)

Gina said...

You are not losing your mind, my friend. My poems grow into epics. I write them as they come out and usually the beginning is just the tip of an emerging iceberg.

Gina said...

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Anonymous said...

I hoot, hollar and scream with laughter!!!! I LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!!