Saturday 22 September 2007

Get thee away!


Took the short bus to freedom
on a dare
played the dumb card,
and no one
seemed to care
and she wished
that they could work it out
but you know what that's
all about
and next time he'd be swift to sign
a pre-nup or beware~
and 'til then he'll keep his shorts on
and they'll call it fair and square.

and he said
"Get thee away from me, oh my~
I can't see the stars
for the clear blue sky, oh I
I can't see the forest
for the blossom tree,
and it's getting late for me, woe's me
it's getting late for me"

and then one bright day,
in some other year
somebody told her
the ending was near
and to buy up the stock
and sell all that was dear
for the price of a better life somewhere.

and she said
"Get thee away from me, oh my
I can't see the stars
for the clear blue sky, oh I
I can't see the forest
for the blossom tree
it's getting late for me
it's getting late for me!

No comments: