Monday 20 July 2009

creation's love song- G Clair


There's a music that's playing down deep in my soul
where the wilderness beckons us all to be whole
from a far away place it calls like a loon
it was written for us and it's always in tune

In tune with the weather as clouds rolling in
bring the music of thunder and rain on the wind
In tune with the valley as I climb to the peak
yodel-lay-hee, who goes there!? To the echo I speak

The sun streams through branches and glistens on streams
and pine needles carpet the throne room which sings
the birds do not worry. they have no concern
they're singing a song we could all stand to learn

Still it flows down the creek bed and the rivers grow wild
rhythmic waves on the shores where I walked as a child
and the breath I exhale like the one you breathe in
keeps us all in this lifetime. how strange it's all been

The natural world, truly awesome and wild
and the worst things can happen and take down a child
the smallest and delicate flower of life
snatched up and the music is bitter with strife

And the tone of my song is of pure aggravation
and way out of tune with the whole congregation
and I just can't relate to the choir and organ
and I wander alone down to Stanley and Morgan

Distracted by life and in wanting much more
I've lost time with the singers and forgotten the score
I yearn for the song which brings faith to the living
love to the lost and joy in the giving

born for a purpose not just to survive
to walk certain of hope while we're all still alive
And in search of my God who can touch my heartstrings
in sickness and health and and the questions life brings

Who in still quiet places or noisy train stations
in subways and alleys and the worst situations
speaks His Peace in the midst overriding my brain
adding fuel to my fire and I'm drawn back again

And sitting alone somewhat stuck in the mire
I remember the Psalm and it draws me up higher
Deer long for the water, as I thirst for You
You alone my desire, my soul longs for You


No comments: