Monday 4 January 2010

Tell Me Nothing - G Clair





I walked away
It's never my intention to be rude or to offend
but they stood around and spoke of what I could not comprehend
of all of the evil in the world and all the whys
and then my friend spoke up and much to my surprise~
said "Tell me nothing!
Tell me nothing sick and horrible
It's gotten out of hand;
the misery's so sad, you see and too much should be banned~
maybe all things work together for the good, I understand
but please just keep it to yourselves
and leave my head here in the sand
just tell me nothing".
They were appalled
and so they walked away
and left him there
in what he needed most
and so I prayed in my own quiet way,
to scare away the ghost
of all of the evil in the world and all the whys~
then my friend spoke up
and much to my surprise
said "tell me something
tell me something good and funny,
make me laugh until I cry
you know there's something good in laughter
though I cannot tell you why~
maybe good news is on order from the Lord
and that's a far cry from the sadness and a cry I can afford
and though I'd like to know that God can hear our cries
but otherwise~
if someone dies
please tell me nothing."

No comments: