Sunday 7 February 2010

Creation's Love Song- G Clair


There's this music that's playing deep down in my soul
where the wilderness beckons us all to be whole
from a faraway place it calls like the loon
it was written for us and it's always in tune

In tune with the weather as clouds, rolling in
bring the music of thunder and the rain on the wind
In tune with the valley as I climb to the peak
yodel lay he! Who goes there? To the echo I speak

Sunlight cuts through forests and glistens on streams
and pine-needles carpet the throne room which sings
the birds do not worry, they have no concern
they're singing the song that I have yet to learn

It flows down the creek bed and the rivers grow wild
rhythmic waves on the shores where I walked as a child
and the breath I exhale like the one you breathe in
keeps us all in this lifetime, how strange it's all been

This natural world, truly awesome and wild
where the worst things can happen and take down a child
the smallest and delicate flower of life
snatched up, and the music is bitter with strife

Then the tone of my song is of pure aggravation
and way out of tune with the whole congregation
and I just can't relate to the choir and organ
so I wander alone down to Stanley and Morgan.

Distracted by life and in wanting much more
lost time with the singers, forgotten the score
I yearn for the song which brings faith to the living
love to the lost and joy in the giving

Born for a purpose, not just to survive
to walk certain of hope while we're all still alive
and in search of a God who can touch my heartstrings
in sickness and health, through the questions life brings

Who in still quiet places or noisy train stations
in subways and alleys and the worst situations
speaks peace in the midst, overriding my brain
adding fuel to my fire and I'm drawn back again

Sitting alone, somewhat stuck in the mire
Reminded of Psalm Forty two, taken higher
"As the deer longs for water, my soul thirsts for You;
You alone my desire, to worship, my due.

And in speaking those words, all frustration exhaled
for alone on that cross was my Jesus was impaled
"Father, forgive, they know not that they're wrong
His voice to God's ears, the Creator's love song!

No comments: