Wednesday 9 July 2008

how to trust


though i can't see the end from beginning
God, there's nothing that You cannot see~
when I can't speak, for fear, and in weakness
Speak Your calm and Your strength over me.

you are Truth, but tonight, I forgot, you are Light~
let my thoughts lead the way to a darker place.
overwhelmed, lacking prayer, I set sail, without care~
thought I'd manage alone, since I know Your Grace.

but when storm clouds appeared,it was then that I feared~
and called " Lord, can't you see that I'm sinking!?"
and that's just how I pray in the midst of the day~
come what may, I just say what I'm thinking.

My guess is that Jesus was dreaming
when he slept quietly in the boat~
No one was needing a thing, at the time,
all was fine, course aligned, still afloat.

No need for Divine conversation,
so why don't You just take a nap?
I'll be snoozing right here, if you need Me, don't fear~
by all means, Jesus, we have the map.

We all know how storms blow in quickly
and that Weatherman knew, for He must~
if He wanted, the Lord could have warned them before,
more important they learn how to trust.

Though I can't see the end from beginning
God, there's nothing that you cannot see~
when I can't speak, for fear and in weakness
Speak Your calm and Your strength over me.

3 comments:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Great poem. He is the Alpha and Omega, The beginning and the end. Who was and is and who is to come. Who else can we trust our present, our future and our eternity to?

abd al-Hadi said...

Trust

Take a nap
On a ship at sea
And trust that you will wake up
...Completely.

Jatin Sethi said...

anniversary wishes for aunt and uncle
happy anniversary wishes for chacha and chachi in hindi