Friday 28 August 2009

indecisive clazy ( aka Define Lazy)


Nothing much to say here,
guess it's just one of those days
keep it light, avoid the fight
and fade into the haze

feeling lackadaisical,
I'll hold up for the ride
which way to go I think I know
but now I can't decide

'cause I'm an indecisive clazy
and whoa, oh so lazy
ain't nothing gonna move me,
until I'm running late

and here's my morning greeting
gosh I just can't turn away
then I'll wear my eyes out reading
lovely poems and waste the day

finally found my sunscreen
though the sun was going down
some money for an ice cream
grabbed my bike and tied it down

parked the car at the trails head
and pedaled toward the sea
four miles in to where it led
the beach, my bike and me.

settle down on soft warm sand
silk flowing through my fingers
not difficult to understand
how the kiss of sunlight lingers

A crab is crawling towards me
and we're looking eye to eye
he's studying my features
and I think he's gonna cry

shadows from the wired fence
on sands that are now free
the smell of salt mist roses
like a perfume for the sea

I thought of you and wondered
if you were home alone
all our plans for summer plundered
no time to talk, no phone

and I must admit I've missed you
how I wish you'd miss me too
but dismiss all this as nonsense
no sense in feeling blue

for what better way to wait
upon the Lord's good plan for me
than to take the path to Manasquan
and thank God that I'm free

pedaled home in darkness
with my tiny light aimed low
down the asphalt path I'm flyin'
with a heart in afterglow

All concentration broken
as drowsiness sets in
half my life spent jokin'
and the other sleep will win.

'cause I'm an indecisive clazy
and whoa, oh so lazy
ain't nothing gonna move me,
until I'm running late

i love indecisive clazies
smell the roses, pick the daisies
we can't think about tomorrow
it's today that's on our plate.

No comments: