Friday 3 September 2010

Creation's Love Song - G Clair



There's a music that's playing deep down in my soul
where the wilderness beckons us all to be whole
from a far away place it calls like a loon
it was written for us and it's always in tune

In tune with the weather as clouds rolling in
bring the music of thunder and rain on the wind
In tune with the valley as I climb to the peak
yodelay-hee who goes there!? To the echo I speak

Light spills through branches and glistens on streams
and pine needles carpet the throne room which sings
the birds do not worry. they have no concern
they're singing a song we could all stand to learn

It flows down the creek bed, the rivers grow wild
and rhythmic waves roll to the feet of a child
this breath I exhale, like the one you breathe in
keeps us all in this lifetime, how strange it's all been!

The natural world, it's majestic adorning
belies what befalls us without any warning
the smallest and delicate flower of life
snatched up- and the music is bitter with strife

Now the tone of my song is of pure aggravation
and way out of tune with the whole congregation
and I just can't relate to the choir and organ
and I wander alone down to Stanley and Morgan

Distracted by life and in wanting much more
I've lost time with the singers, forgotten the score
I yearn for the song which brings faith to the living
love to the lost and joy in the giving

born for a purpose, not just to survive
to walk with conviction while we're all still alive
And in search of The God who can touch my heartstrings
in sickness and health and the questions life brings

Who in still quiet places or noisy train stations
in subways and alleys and the worst situations
speaks peace to the storm, overriding my brain
adding fuel to my fire and I'm drawn back again

Sitting alone somewhat stuck in the mire
pondering the words which can take me much higher
"As a deer longs for water" per Psalm Forty-two
You alone my desire, my soul longs for You.


No comments: