Saturday 17 April 2010

Excuuuuuuuuuse Eeeeeew!



Around lunchtime yesterday, I was approached by a staff member in the kitchen of the the Adult Medical Day Care where I work as a nurse. She asked me to please speak with Paulina, a stout Sicilian women who was adamantly refusing to eat, though two sandwiches had already been brought out her.

Approaching the table I could see Paulina's look of distain, her lips closed tightly, head shaking and eyes rolling as she looked away.

"What's the problem, Paulina?"
" I can't eat this."
"Why not?"
" I can't eat with that woman making noises. I've lost my appetite."

Indeed, the woman sitting to her right, still clutching her half eaten peanut-butter and jelly sandwich, has a vast assortment of strangities, including the terrble habit of making uncomfortable sound effects. Among her repertoire was the 'prolonged sneeze', Achoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo0000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!

Understanding Angelina's disgust, I quickly found Kitty another seat with a group of more accepting clients, each taking the time to greet and shake her hand.

Life is good. Use plenty of hand sanitizer.

No comments: