Saturday 3 July 2010

first surf lesson


High tide is making it's way to your door
while I on the sand feel the waves pound the shore
it's pulling me out and I'm wanting you more
it's high time and high tide is coming

the morning sun sparkles on waves the right height
you're finally here and I'm filled with delight
i can't help but hope that my suit's not too tight
In this light I'm a sight but not numbing.

we paddle out longing and wait for the ride
and filled with excitment, the stuff I can't hide
we'll take from each other whatever's inside
for the sea on my heartstrings is strumming

by noon I've been battered and ready to flee
I'm guessing you're feeling the need to break free
you take to the big waves, I'm burning for thee
if these breakers were ice you would melt them

Weary I let that old ride take me in
I float with the current, don't bother to swim
and soon I'm washed up on sand, for the win
and like high tide, I've worn out my welcome

Low tide is good 'cause we all need a break
we give till it hurts and quite often we take
and it's all for the best find those treasures and rest
cause it's low tide but high tide is coming

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Surf's up babe.
BT