Saturday 9 June 2007

old heart gallery

Caught a glimmer of warmth when I left, it fortold
in the instant that I found you smiling,
and though it did hurt, I framed that one in gold~
a fond memory lost somewhere in filing.

These thoughts and old images, I have and I hold
but with limited space and no time,
it does me no good to see I'm growing old
while these negatives outweigh the sublime.

So let's leave behind this dust filled room
Take the best of what's here, come with me
shall we unlock the door, and exit the tomb
of this musty old heart gallery?

The clock on wall tells us just where we stand
and it's chime brings the heartache of doom
yet in all of this clutter, we both missed it's hand~
and you wound up in my heart's old dark room.

So let's break from this nasty cold miserable cave
let go of the saddness and gloom
unlock the door and exit the grave
leave the rest for the world to exhume.

Despite all the charm which my countinence exudes,
these tattered old blinds can't conceal
soft light filters truth from my cheap platitudes
and the good from the dark stuff I feel.

Watching my step, I tread deep within
without the desire to save face
gaze up at an oil done by Guilt of that sin
in the light of great love and sweet grace.

Come on~ we'll abandon the old garbage pile
get out in the air and run free~
got a beautiful archive, for preserving your smile
in my new state of heart gallery.

3 comments:

josie2shoes said...

I'd like to think that I can take the pictures of good memories from my past and someday hang them in a heart gallery that doesn't remember the pain, just the smiles - there were some.

Gina said...

Aw, Josie, that is really what I am getting at here. You and your ex share some warmth between you, so I am sure, with time, the nasty memories will take up less space in Josie's Heart Gallery.

:-)

josie2shoes said...

Gina, I tagged you with a meme, check out my latest post. :-)