Wednesday 6 August 2008

Sunset Love Song


reminding me of shorter days
the orange globe sinks into haze
no longer casting heated rays
but shadows on the beach

the warmth and softness of the sand
beneath my back and in my hand
it cools as evening takes the land
and sleep, within my reach

i turn to face the laughing lush
who paints the skies without a brush
and every stroke, poetic mush
which lingers like Your love


Your words are written in my mind
with colors I could only find
in places sunsets left behind
they fit me like a glove

fiery red excites the soul
and sets the mood in motion
orange and pink elicit sighs
like a full moon on the ocean

streaks of purple are always fun
and bring on the blue-green hues
a symphony is the setting sun
but gimmee the midnight blues

i want to gaze into your glory
tell me another story
oh bring on the colors
don't let me sleep too long

I want to sing of Your greatness
in spite of all my lateness
with all my quirks and troubles
you see in me no wrong

Oh God, you are amazing
creation should be praising
and I'll wait for you forever
'til the sun sets on my song

the days, they pass too quickly
but sunset is the best
this moonless night, we hear the waves
which won't disturb our rest

2 comments:

Angelissima said...

gorgeous. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO THE BEACH LADY!

Gina said...

what about Sunday!?