Saturday 2 August 2008

trouble in the hood

so tonight the party out back started somewhere around 12:30. I was just about to retire when the music kicked in. I decided to leave it alone and let the chips fall where they may, fully expecting the kid who's dad lives back there, will want to keep it quiet, since the owner had a long talking to dad and basically informed him that the kid was no longer permitted on the property. Is that even legal? I guess since Dad wasn't home, he figured he would just come on down anyway. Invite the usual 40 kids and get this party started. I was staying out of it, and spent the next hour sorting out clothes, you know, since I was going to be awake.

Of course, with all of the kiddies drinking until they were out of control, the crowd moved outside and began the usual ranting and death threats. Pretty soon I hear 2 girls screaming at each other, and it sounds like...a cat fight is about to break out. I decide that it's just about time to...what time is it anyway? 2:30.
OK so I walk downstairs. Bare feet onto the rock driveway, and along side barn-house, in the dark. I can hear all kinds of voices and get to the back of the house. They see me and suddenly everything goes quiet. I whisper "You think you can hold it down?" I am approached by a pretty little blond girl who should be home at this hour, who apologizes several times, and tells me that she is looking for her friends glasses...can't see without them. I suppose they were knocked off in the scuffle.

"What's going on back here with the screaming?" She then tells me that some kids father was just there wielding a bat and threatening them, but she would tell everyone to keep it down. Great. Figures it would escalate to this without the intervention of the old hag who lives up here. Probably the father of one of the girls. I decided to go back in and make the call, but before I can do that, a cop pulls up. Evidently the kids that were leaving damaged a car and stole a license plate. Punks. It's not the first time. I met the daughter of the guy about 6 months back and her windshield was broken by a so called friend gone mad.
Hopefully it's over for the night...Let's see. Nope. They're still out there. My leg is cramping up and I have to get some sleep. What is it with kids that they have to stay up all night and get into fights?

2 comments:

Angelissima said...

so..what happened!!! Where is the property owner!

Gina said...

I stayed out of this one. I figure the cops got involved and now there is a parent involved so maybe someone else will intervene besides me. Next wild party I'm calling the cops right away as along with the under aged drinking and driving, there appears to be an element of menace.