Tuesday 22 January 2008

:)

Kind of a bluesy Elvis Costello song about getting saved.

Where is the light in my eyes
has it grown dim
without any source of conviction
was only
a matter of time
and what I have seen, done
led to eviction
of right, wrong
my soul became blinded
and numb
from
what's lurking behind it
hidden away
and nobody's business but mine

but where is the smile in my eyes
too many things
have
stifled the laughter
and nothing I say would
surprise
they're only words
said,
and actions soon after.

the dream
is
only
a memory
I threw it away
thought it meant nothing
they say
hey
let's live for today
cause it's all just a memory
anyway~

and
I know
that evil is oozing and
i know
who stands here accusing
we started perusing
and feeling no shame
taken a bruising
this all seems so lame
but then again
nothing is wrong~

Give me the time
and
tell me the reason
that I cannot feel
and nothing is pleasin'
is there a pulse,
can you feel my heart aching
caught in a web,
it's hurt but not breaking
I hope what You say is
there's still hope today
I've come to the place
and sick of disgrace
can I bathe in the Grace that is Yours?

Here is the light in my eyes
having been dim
i can attest
to the wonders of Him
who
works in mysterious ways
haze
and that which had clouded my days
raised
darkened and dreary
and dead to the Lord
cleaned up and set right
the message I heard
to swim in the spirit
you have to get near it
and nothing to run from
you hardly should fear it
without even trying
i can't keep from crying
the preacher guy said
without God we'd be dying
and that said,
I am truly amazed.

No comments: