Thursday 3 January 2008

what to do


coughing up the phlegm i come to realize
no big surprise
at least i kept it all unto myself~
stuff like this can grow
inside your body
and it's snotty
but it's good to get it out
and best to take good care of this, yourself.

and if the sputum's yellow,
be assured that it is viral
but can spiral
into something worse
a curse or so they say~
so take the time to rest
and yes,
drink water and some juice
and for a boost,
vitamin C, 1000 mgs
just twice a day.

and by all means
take your
cold or flu to Walgreens
Eckerts, CVS, or Rite Aid,
where there's medicine that might aid
and I might add, many brands to
choose from~
Robitussin,
stops your fussin'
Advil Sinus
for your highness,
by and far my favored Nyquil
is the stuff
I get my snooze from

if you've got a fever and it's green
to be sure, a doctor should be seen
do not delay if it is grey
or other colors of the day
because these bugs are nasty~
worse than mean!

cozy up with Vicks rubbed on your chest,
it seems to open up the passage best
a little dab will also do
beneath the nares it is true
you'll feel as if the air is breathing you.

humidify the air beside the bed,
take good care to clean the thing
that said~
keep a box of Kleenex near
the softest kind will feel most dear
and place your favorite pillow 'neath your head.

It's good to keep some chicken soup on hand
it's value has been known throughout the land
keep the heat on, be a wench and
and crack the window just a pinch
and try to sleep as much as you can stand.

in time you will recover from this hell
your symptoms will subside and you can tell
but be sure to keep your guard up,
avoid crowds
and don't be hard up,
just insist they keep their distance,
and stay well.

2 comments:

Angelissima said...

aw!!!! Ain't vicks the best stuff on earth? Katie came home with tissues that feature a blast of vicks inside the fiber.

I hope you'll be fit as a fiddle soon. Watch out for that Nyquil, its like 90 proof!

Do you have phlegm? Did you go to the doc? What color is it?

Ive been tapering off Cymbalta the last few weeks. Im cold turkey now and FEEL LIKE HELL. The detox gets more severe every day.

That stuff should be taken off the market. Body aches, vomiting, loose stools, horrible dizziness and brain zaps. crying, anger, laughing. I can't get out of bed...

have you heard anything about this sort of detox? Im just drinking a lot of water and tea. I can even drink COFFEE!!! You know how i love my coffee. it nausiates me.

I learned from the net that these symptoms can go on for months. I hope that isnt true.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

My goodness. I hope you feel better soon and write something other than "Ode to Viruses". :)