Monday 7 January 2008

how to trust


though i can't see the end from beginning
God, there's nothing that You cannot see~
when I can't speak, for fear, and in weakness
Speak Your calm and Your strength over me.

you are Truth, but tonight
I forgot, you are Light~
let my thoughts lead the way
to a darker place.

overwhelmed,lacking prayer
I set sail, without care~
thought I'd manage alone
since I know Your Grace.

but when storm clouds appeared
it was then that I feared~
and called " Lord,
can't you see that I'm sinking!?"

and that's just how I pray
in the midst of the day~
come what may,
I just say what I'm thinking.

My guess is that Jesus was dreaming
when he slept quietly in the boat~
No one was needing a thing, at the time,
all was fine, course aligned, still afloat.

No need for Divine conversation,
so why don't You just take a nap?
I'll be snoozing right here, if you need Me, don't fear~
by all means, Jesus, we have the map.

We all know how storms blow in quickly
and that Weatherman knew, for He must~
if He wanted, the Lord could have warned them before,
more important they learn how to trust.

Though I can't see the end from beginning
God, there's nothing that you cannot see~
when I can't speak, for fear and in weakness
Speak Your calm and Your strength over me.

3 comments:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Ain't that the truth of all our condition and of God's grace. Praise God. The last picture is an interesting visual as well.

Angelissima said...

beautiful! I hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.