Thursday 6 March 2008

Creation's Love Song


There's this music that's playing
deep down in my soul
where the wilderness beckons
us all to be whole~

from a faraway place
it calls like the loon
it was written for us
and it's always in tune.

In tune with the weather
as clouds, rolling in
bring the music of thunder
and the rain on the wind.

In tune with the valley
as I climb to the peak
yodel lay he who goes there
to the echo I speak

sunlight cuts through forests
and glistens on streams
and pine needles carpet
the throne room which sings

the birds do not worry
they have no concern
they're singing the song
that I have yet to learn

Still it flows down the creek bed
and the rivers grow wild
rhythmic waves on the shores
where I walked as a child

and the breath I exhale
like the one you breathe in
keeps us all in this lifetime
how strange it's all been

the natural world
truly awesome and wild
and the worst things can happen
and take down the child

the smallest and delicate flower
of life
snatched up and the music
is bitter with strife

and the tone of my song
is of pure aggravation
and way out of tune
with the whole congregation

and I just can't relate
to the choir and organ
and I wander alone down to
Stanley and Morgan

Distracted by life and in
wanting much more
I've lost time with the singers
and forgotten the score

I yearn for the song
which brings faith to the living
love to the lost
and joy in the giving.

born for a purpose
not just to survive
to walk certain of hope
while we're all still alive.

And in search of a God
who can touch my heartstrings
in sickness and health
through the questions life brings

Who in still quiet places
or noisy train stations
in subways and alleys and
the worst situations

speaks Peace in the midst
overriding my brain
adding fuel to my fire
and I'm drawn back again

and sitting alone
somewhat stuck in the mire
I remember that Psalm
and it stirs my desire.

' As deer long for the water
my soul thirsts for You;
You alone, my desire~
and I'll just worship You.

Yeah the simplest Psalm
sung alone or along
nature's voice to God's ears
creation's love song.

No comments: