Thursday 6 March 2008

the second slice is free


time to let the stink out
of the locker room
inside of here and
open up the windows of the hall;
let the dust balls fly away
'cause everything I do and say
is nothing less than pride before the fall.

take away the chains which keep me
tied to what looks beautiful
so I can just decide here on my own;
open up the doors and set me
free for I can't stand to be
cooped up beside this keyboard and the phone.

And If you must type anything
then make it quick or call
and sing the words, I wanna hear, I'll wait around;
let's enjoy the hours outside
and wade into the rolling tide
and smell the sea and hear the pleasant sound.

if you must
get serious
I'm happy to go with you there
but please don't ask for lyrical replies;
and if you need to talk
don't tell me everything
too soon
for I will balk
and think you're packin' hooey lies.

Hey, I never said
that I could write a book here
and yet look here I can throw it out
cause I'm the queen of throw;
up and down the Avenue
a literary genius, you
are taking me too seriously though.

I just got out of prison and I'm
trying just to listen and
it's way too soon to speak of love for me;
Best to take it slow
I feel your hunger pains, let's go
and get a pizza, 'cause the second slice is free!

No comments: