Wednesday 23 December 2009

holding out



Once there was a day when our sweet music wouldn't play until I'd say
I'm holding out just for you boo hoo hoo
but now I've got a clue, and I do believe it's true
that it's you who's been holding out for me

And so I'm holding out for you, well I'm not cold and I'm not blue
I've got my golden oldies too, to keep me warm, for your form
And when the skies get dark and grim and it's that lonely state I'm in
well I won't be caught in sin, unless I stray hey hey hey

(Chorus)
'Cause you're like music to my ears,you've dried my tears for all these years
it seems the only thing to do is wait for you, how do you do
that thing with the music in my ears, you calmed my fears for all these years
and so the only thing to do is wait for you

BRIDGE

Cause it's that melody You play, it's drawn me back,I'm here to stay
cause you're the Light and you're the Truth and you're the Way, hey hey hey
you put your music in my ears, you calmed my fears, for all these years
and so the only thing to do is wait for you

No comments: