Thursday 22 March 2007

skuff

"Skuff marks" he says
with disgust in his voice
and he looks at my shoes
and says, "Garbage."

We both knew from before
what they'd do to his floor
but I wore them
inspite of the carnage.

They went with the look
so I snuck into my nook
and plastered the heels with
green lables.

"Advance Directives"
"Floor Protectives"
the scuffle and stuff
it disables.

I don't advertise
my messes or lies
they just find themselves out
and what's more

I simply rely on
the passing of time
now it's green from my heels
on the floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reminds me of some other stuck up tailor made (in NYC) faux patent feathers,I mean leathers-For cryin' out loud- those shoes made it on the front page of the new york times quite literally. Sticks & stones may break my shine, but names I was called behind my back never hurt me!!! I laughed so hard I buss a rib & peed my drawers!
Only you could pull ot off with such grace & dignity. Let's hear it for the "GIVE"!!!