Saturday 10 March 2007

Love

It started with a couplet,quiet easy to direct
but blossomed into something else,beyond my intellect.
I am only one, I ask, "and what can one girl can do"?
You fed thousands fish and loaves but only had a few, right?
You healed the sick and dying saying "greater shall you do"
But I'm only human, Jesus, how can that be true?
And then you say you are 'I AM', I AM alive in you.
And I say "OK, Good enough~ the Truth will have to do".
So how about we just keep in touch if you're that close, sweet Lord
It won't take long to reach you and that's a call I can afford.
Very clever my little Gee you're starting out just fine
and when the need is there just speak the water into wine.
Heal sick and broken-hearted,lead a soul out of the flame
It's not your job to worry how,just do it in my Name.
Do not worry how you look,or what you're gonna say
just be yourself and let me be the Light that shines the way.
Jesus was a real man the books will verify
at 33 they nailed him to a chunk of wood to die
And to be sure that he was dead hanging naked on a cross
they speared him though, and left him there, my Jewish carpenter boss.
And not a word was written that He would not fulfill
the scene was painted vividly before the making of the hill.
That all men could be redeemed that is,bought back with His own blood
we cannot pay the price for sin, he freed us by His Love.
Written long before his birth their KING would rise day 3
and so it was, and so it is that I AM lives in me.
And to many this may seem absurd but this is not a game
I am aware of the price He paid and the power of His Name.
I have no stake in religion there is nothing there for me
I will follow Christ alone His Love has set me free.
And though I am just one girl and crazy into rhyming
In prayer I find my comfort and I trust him with the timing.

No comments: