Sunday 22 July 2007

the moon



Quarter moon's a fingernail
just looks that way to me
like someone clipped and casually flipped
and left it floating free~

Half moon's a quarter moon
lookin' half a whole
but we all know that moon's a lune
it's back as black as coal.

Full moon, it might look full
but half is all you see
the other half remains unseen
a cold hard mystery.

New moon it can't be seen
but right on time it's there
rolling around as usual
and always without a care.

Moon shined on my soul
immersed the whole in gin
Longing for my other half
has driven me to sin.

Scanning sides of Highway Nine
for a room with cold A/C
settled on The crusty Moon
for it's amenity.

Heard about the mirrors
and the funky waterbeds
Ew's the only word I knew
for whatever's left unsaid~

I asked about the TV set
the sign read 'colored' screen
it's free and the reception's great
which means a clear thirteen!

Checked in around eleven
suited up for blasting off
the bathroom was delightful
but the odor made me cough~

The room was clean and tidy
and the maid had left some cheese
upon my bed and made a mouse
from towels if you please~

I tried to get more comfortable
upon on that wad of water
slid around on sheets of silk
that reeked of Estee Lauder

I thought it best I was alone
and dreaming of the night
that you and I would honeymoon
awakened me with fright

Upon that waterbed I lay
face down in my cocoon
but glancing upward, looking down
was one enormous moon

To say it took me by surprise
would be far understated
that moon you see was only me
but the mirror overrated

Could have been some cottage cheese
which gave the moon it's girth
and not the moldy stuff we thought
was circling the Earth.

Had enough of cheesy stuff
and put back on my clothes
took the moon shaped soaps and nuts
and had a few of those

I wandered out beneath the moon
and looked across the way
figured business slowed up since
the Old West went away.

Hitchhiked down to Scooters
maybe had a beer or two
someone singing 'Born Free'
made me smile and think of you.

Sun shine warming rays
bringing light to dawn
found me in a foolish haze
moon up upon the lawn

Mourning for the man up there
cast shadows on my heart
and left to ponder moonlight
far worse off than from the start

Looking up at at quarter moon
but wanting more than this
Fill me to fullest, Lord
and let me be sun kissed

2 comments:

Angelissima said...

The new color scheme is over the mooooon!~
gorgeous.

Gina said...

Glad you like it. It was, how do you say, inspired.