Friday 27 July 2007

Rise above


There was a time
I was a child
and I could clmb
the wooded wild
and see out over treetops
way beyond this place called home.
Now I am grown
can bearly climb
but give me time
and I will find
another way to rise above
and see beyond this poem.

The paths I loved
when I was nine
are overgrown
with thorny vine
and streams beside
which I would sit
polluted now
and hardly fit
but give me time
and I will find
another path a sparkling stream
which winds around and satisfies
a quiet place
where I can dream.

Where there's a will
there is a way
there is a path
that's ours today
and if you come upon
a place that seems impassable,
the answer still
the same today
That if you ask
and if you pray
the things you hope for
come what may
will never be impossible.

2 comments:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I think we all share this lost and all need to rise above today and see beyond our boundaries. I liked the poem and the imagery.

Gina said...

Why thank you, LGS. While each new day brings a sense of unexpected, I find that having an overcomer's attitude in the face of dismal facts helps get me over the hump. Don't Chu?