Saturday 3 May 2008

Time Out



Though it's easy to speak of great joy
and remember my Savior
I'm baffled sometimes, yet amused
by my own strange behavior.

I know you would not want
to hear all this stuff
so I bagged it all up
'cause enough is enough

somewhere between nothing and something
I'm feeling indifference
to spare you the details I speak in the vagueness
of inference.

It's not everyday
that we love and we lose
but it happened to me
and it's time that I choose.

I stand at the doorway of reason
and see that I'm failing
I know that it's not the right season
but want to go sailing.

the edge of the keel will cut
through the ice
and time out to heal
well it sounds really nice.

Let me drift thought my sorrow
and sort through the things that I'm feeling
and back here tomorrow
I'll help you to paint up the ceiling.

you find yourself working
and that is the way
you hold it together
and get through the day.

We all have to cope with these things
and we know that it's coming
our lives are like houses
emotions are just like the plumbing.

you plan it all out
and try not to rush
keep the lines clear
and be sure to flush.

I threw out some pictures of you
cause I just had to edit
and now I could cry for I knew
that I'd someday regret it.

well I can't be a martyr
i had to remind
that to beg steal or barter for love
is unkind.

Oh so easy to speak of great joy
and remember my Savior
I'm baffled sometimes,yet amused
by my own strange behavior.

and here is where endings are easy to find
to look towards the past or to leave it behind.

Yeah, so easy to speak of great joy
and remember my Savior
I'm baffled sometimes, yet amused
by my own strange behavior.

No comments: