Monday 23 April 2007

Limbo with the Lord

I do not purport
to know why bad things happen
I can not tell the future
and I've stood on shifting sand.

A fading blade of grass
some days I am a sinner too
but even in my worst days
My life is in His Hand.

Sometimes like now, I'm tired
sometimes I can be jealous
and often overzealous
and other times uptight.

I only hope you see
God's perfect Love is in me
and often though I fail you
it's His Love that makes us right.

To love and tolerate
the ones who do not know him
the ones who've turned against Him
and all 'religious' things.

And to the Lord alone
the one who understands my tone
I go with my frustration
and not to human beings.

To think He made us free
yet wants us to swim aimlessly
in a darkened sea of drudgery
a nasty contradicion.

To think that we could live
and fill this empty heart with gladness
without a savior, it's just maddness
a creative work of fiction.

I could not stand to pray
the repetitious churchy way
I'm talkin' to my Father God
the Lord of all Creation!

I had to get out
I had to get out of there
we were never meant to live
in fear and obligation!

And if you read the Word
The children are all of the Lord
he wants them all to come to him
it's the kids that HE adored.

And when he died for us
it was to make us clean and thus
like babies we are nurtured
in the sweet milk of the word.

And suddenly it seems
waking from suspended dreams
the Fathers had it wrong and deems
the kids are with the LORD!

The kids are with the Lord
The kids are with the Good Lord
The kids are in their glory now
playin' Limbo with the Lord

The kids are with the Lord
The kids are with the Good Lord
The kids are in their glory now
playin' Limbo with the Lord

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/catholic-church-reverses-teaching-on/20070420203609990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

No comments: