Sunday 20 April 2008

don't say


I don't have a clue what to write in this song
the chorus is fine but the lyrics, all wrong
read for yourself, and don't wait for the day
when I know how they go, I will say.

Don't say you do,
when you don't
you know it really isn't funny.
Don't say you will,
when you won't
hello, I'm talkin' to you, honey
Don't say you'll come,
when you know that you can't
and I won't say a word
when I rant
No, I shant.
not a whisper from me when I rant.

I came home to find you asleep on the couch
and tiptoed around you, my big hungry slouch
if I knew you were home, I'd a planned something nice
but this chicken's still frozen on ice.

Chorus

Last month I told you my car's rather beat
the muffler was hanging? it dropped in the street
the cops heard me coming and followed me home
on the back of my ticket, your poem

Chorus

Paint me a picture, I'll pay for your time
Inspire one stanza, I'll write the last line
if you'd bring me some hope, for I'm failing to cope
We could spice up our rhythm with rhyme.

Chorus

No comments: