Friday 4 May 2007

sewer break blues

To the Tune of Bob Dylan's "Rollin and Tumblin".

Well we smelled something bad and went lookin for the cause
I said we smelled something bad and went lookin for the cause
well we opened up the basement, and our minds gave way to pause~

there was a stench so strong that it gave my nose a pain
I said a stench so strong that it gave my nose a pain
well the floor was flooded and the ceiling pouring rain~

well the sewer line broke and it and it's arainin' down like crap
said the sewer line broke and it's arainin' down like crap
and never before have I seen this stuff on tap~

Dear Mr. Rooter, God bless ya, gonna pump out all our brown
Mr. Rooter, God bless ya, gonna pump out all our brown
but we can't use the can, and these sewer blues are gettin' us down.

and if we don't pay the plumber, well our bladder's gonna burst
Said if we don't pay the plumber, yeah our bladder's gonna burst
well I'd go outside, but I'm sittin here dyin' of thirst.

A billable job, said Phil, it's gonna be okay
Well it's a billable job, said Phil, it's gonna be okay
just give me a workin' man's bowl for the business of the day.

Well these sewer break fumes, enough make me wanna spew
I said these sewer break fumes, enough to make me wanna spew
and if you don't mind the outhouse, baby you can work here too.


Sound of Flushing toilet

7 comments:

JohnB said...

sounds like it could be a ride on public transit...that said, i like the writhing rhythm, I can sense my nose wrinkling and the gag reflex imminence...:)

Angelissima said...

gives new meaning to the phrase,
Bathroom Break.

I'm very sorry for the prolonged pain your nose sustained.

Gina said...

JohnB- Really, public transit has that same raw sewage flavor, sticks in your craw huh...
Hey it's a harsh song for a harsher reality. But it's over, thanks to Rooterman Phil and his fast digging, pipe fittin, cool moves with PVC...and the lovely man who cleaned the basement. shooooo-weeeeee, what a job. When it happened, the housekeeper told me that it smelled very green to him. $$

Ang- Such are the pains which inspire the blues.
Thank you for your sympathy. I know you have had your share of misery with that there 'access' pipe feeding into your shower back in Howell. Glory days.

josie2shoes said...

Talk about turning a negative into a positive...only you could write an ode for a sewer line disaster! I just loved it. Better to laugh than to cry. :-)

Gina said...

Yeah, Josie, I cried inside and wondered how they would EVER remove that shit stink from the air. Come to find out the odors arose from miscroscopic crapteria!

It's over and the place is back in business.

Gina said...

ode ala odor...

Anonymous said...

"SEWER BREAK BROWNS"- more like it.
Sorry you had to wade through this one- raining brown. Awww ya poor kid! what did you use to get the odour out? Hahaa! " it smelled very green $$$ to him!"