Tuesday 8 May 2007

blue light special


5264919253847488402" /><
in the filtered
blue glow
of your favorite late show
with the light
from the bathroom
left on~
I can make out
your face
and it's hard
to erase
from my memory,
although you
are gone.

In our silence
a sweetness,
a comfort, it's true
needing less
to be said
meant much more~
we lived well
in our day
and had so much
to say
that your smile,
just cut
to my core.

And I sat
on the end of sofa
'twas your hand
on my elbow
that said~
I am here,
you are there,
there's no distance,
I swear
you still whisper
sweet nothings
in bed.

So forgive me
for getting
all sappy
but the late show
is on
and you're there~
in the blue
of the den,
I can't hear
Letterman
'cause he's mute,
so the music can blare.

2 comments:

Angelissima said...

amazing. simply, amazing.

Gina said...

Thanks, Ang. Stole the melody from Bob and ran with it.