Saturday 5 May 2007

sweet mysteries


A song for Bob Dylan- To the tune of " When the Deal goes Down".

At the end of the day
it could go either way
much like at the end
of this song~
Well I write for a while
then I sink to a smile
when I think how you
draw me along.

Well we came with a story
a beautiful song, unheard verses
locked deep in our soul~
and the way to discover
what lies locked in this lover
find the key that will fit
the keyhole.

And sometimes we're inspired
other times we're just tired
and it's sad when we don't
realize~
it's because of ourselves
talent sits on the shelves
in the darkness for the rest
of our lives.

It was trouble and strife
anger cuts like a knife
and it tore at the door
of my mind (and my pride)~
it was then your sweet voice
through the keyhole rejoiced
and released the deadbolt
from inside.

So how I can tell you
just what's on my mind
I am corny and wierd and unkind,
sometimes...
but I say what I feel
'cuz i know what is real
and it's better than what I
left behind.

Thought the answer was
finding
the right key~
the thing that would then
make you whole~
but the Master
unlocking
life's sweet mysteries~
is the love sown
in each other's
soul.

3 comments:

JohnB said...

così sia

Anonymous said...

WHERE'S WEIRD AL YANKOVICH WHEN YOU NEED HIM!!!

Gina said...

I wrote it to him. I am sending it to him for his Birthday.

You will NEVER succeed in penetrating the walls of my inner sanctum whence these things flow. NEVER! not that you wanna either. it stinks in there.